Monday, September 7, 2009

Great Story



Two or three weeks ago I went to Dr. Weinberg's office in Brooklyn to get my eyes checked out and get a prescription so that I could get new glasses. This is important for today because I have an aunt who lives in Brooklyn who sells glasses, and since today I was in Brooklyn playing guitar at Mishkon, today was a perfect day to stop by her house to get some new glasses.
Anyhow, this morning I was searching all over my room in the hope of finding the prescription that Dr. Weinberg wrote me up the other week.
You see, this summer I had lots of important things left on my bed until I needed them. This includes doctors' prescriptions and other documents that I would need to show to people.
And I was looking all over my room for about a half an hour for this prescription. It was not on my bed nor in any of the stacks of random papers I have in my room nor on any of my shelves. I really did not want to have to ask Dr. Weinberg for a new one because who knows what that would entail. Maybe I would have to go to Brooklyn again. Whatever.
Then, as I was searching I came across one of those Breslov stickers which say: "Dabeir Iti- Avicha SheBaShamayim," wich means "speak with Me- your Father in Heaven." I figured, alright that sounds like a good idea.
And so I said: "Hashem, where is this prescription?"
And as I said that, I noticed that at that very moment I was holding the prescription in my hand.
Not bad, huh?

1 comment:

  1. wow, duli (not tuli, duli, i.e. what sruli's mom calls him). i actually laughed out loud there. way to go!

    ReplyDelete

 
Subscribe