Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Anonymous


Since the inception of this blog, I have not wanted for there to be any anonymous commentors. Now you understand that I have the ability to make that happen. However, the down side is that by disabling anonymous commentors, that also disables the name/url link which I think that some people may use.

Originally on this blog the anonymous commentors were not granted the right to comment. However, upon hearing from "ramchal" that he was unable to comment because he could not find the name/url option I realized that i would have to allow the anonymous chevra the right of commenting as well.

For the record, anyone who has gmail has the ability to comment by selecting the google account option.

So if there is anyone to whom disabling anonymous commenting would disallow them to comment, please let me know be either commenting on this blog or getting in contact with me in person. Then, I can make a decision.

Thank you for your cooperation.

your friend,

Sruli

18 comments:

  1. there are always loopholes my friend always loopholes

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was anticipating comments like that. That will not deter my intention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ sruli why dont you just make it a policy to delete anonymous commentors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sruli you rule this blog with an iron fist..... I like that.
    - Schaffer

    ReplyDelete
  5. "if ur not first, ur last."
    -Schaffer

    ReplyDelete
  6. ban the anonymous! just tell ramchal shlita to set up a gmail account with that name and its all good....dont let them win srul, you dont need them....

    ReplyDelete
  7. " You had me at hello"
    - Diller

    P.S- I know you didn't say it but sometimes I imagine that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @mkirsch that would be like a dictatorship

    ReplyDelete
  9. @daniel I guess I figure that if I cannot be tough in person, I can at least attempt to do so in cyberspace when I do not even know who the person is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. schaffer posts now?
    we're writing to each other like it's twitter?
    what's going on?
    Sruli?

    ReplyDelete
  11. srulii - i agree with zlou - no anoynmous commenters.

    (remember R' Judah's vort about the blog being a Mikvah and "leaving your pants by the hook near the door"...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @alicht, I don't know what you just said, but that is really funny

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a test comment but mainly to thank sruli(i)for being so considerate and moyser nefesh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. by the way that was ramchal i dont know how your awesome blog knew my first name

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ sruli - this was what i was refering to :

    check out the Levite Schlepper's comment -

    http://jawbonevalley.blogspot.com/2009/06/farbrengen.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Ash
    I have been following Rav Judah Twitter and Blog for months I guess at this point well over a year, just never commented, figured with this blog I would add to the discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Daniel - nice shaffer. welcome to the commenting world.
    But if you are going to comment you need to come up with a commenting name.
    Daniel is too vague - could be anyone:
    The cook from Reishit, the guy in charge of project recharge, the guy in the lions den, the YSU president form 2007-2008/ Stokes brother. There are more, but im having bloggers block.

    ReplyDelete

 
Subscribe