Wednesday, November 11, 2009

There You Have It


Some may remember from earlier in the semester that I am in a certain class (for a definition of the word class, see Lee I. Levine's The Rabbinic Class of Roman Palestine in Late Antiquity p.14) that forces me to do a lot of scholarly reading, which I really do not like. What I have found interesting, however, is that scholars themselves recognize that many people do not really get along with them. Here is an excerpt from page 120 of Lee I. Levine's The Rabbinic Class of Roman Palestine in Late Antiquity (sounds boring, right?)
"Intellectual achievement might often lead to the disparagement of others not endowed with the same motivation, capabilities or accomplishments."
I am sure that many of us have felt this way in some of the classes that we have sat in in college.

3 comments:

  1. Currently i dont attend secular classes so much (Baruch Hashem) but i still think I chap,and I am pretty sure i have felt this way at times,but what does it mean disparagement?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure exactly how it happened srul, but your blog appears to be a black hole.
    whenever, i click over here from JBV. or anywhere else, it never lets me go back to the previous page unless i retype the URL.
    Odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think disparagement is to look down upon or something like that

    ReplyDelete

 
Subscribe