Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Goodness


I just had a really funny encounter.

I bumped into one of the guys from the main beis medrash here at YU. he asked me what I was going to be doing for break and I told him that I am gonna be in Teaneck.

He responded: "Bein Hasemestarim," implying that I should stay in YU and partake of the between semesters learning program.

I said: "I am doing Frollel."

"What's Frollel?"

"The kollel in Dr. Friedman's basement."

He was confused. "Who's Dr. Friedman?"

"The gevir of the Stollel."

"Okay I'm confused."

I then went to the restroom, where I was headed in the first place. I thought that the encounter was really funny.

8 comments:

  1. nothing like some good advertising for frollel - you think he will join?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sruli - I had an idea.

    We should have a panel discussion at about being a chasid in YU and the Modern Orthodox community. We can talk about all the trials and tribulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great joke, dean, i mamesh laughed out loud, & im even in the library (5a), ooooooo

    ReplyDelete

 
Subscribe